Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The heads of DoD and VA met on Thursday, and decided they wanted to a plan to speed up the delivery of an integrated health record system, currently scheduled for implementation in 2017.
The Army's Contracting Command will inactivate its National Capital Region contracting center in July of 2013, one of six it currently operates around the country. The move is partially intended to let the command decrease its turnover rate for acquisition talent.
Rep. Darrell Issa said agencies need a lot more agility in their IT spending, but a lack of budget authority and a proliferation of accountability among bureau-level CIOs gets in the way.
Faced with declining resources, the Internal Revenue Service has diverted resources from elsewhere inside the agency to try and head off skyrocketing cases of identity theft stemming from tax refunds.
Tags: IRS , Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , TIGTA , GAO , National Taxpayer Advocate , J. Russell George , Gerry Connolly , Nina Olson , Beth Tucker , James White , technology , cybersecurity ,
Air Force senior leaders assigned themselves several tasks after a summit on cyberspace in mid-November. But the service's role in cyberspace also awaits forthcoming guidance from the military's top leadership on the future of U.S. Cyber Command.
Senators attempt to head off provision in annual Defense bill that would require reductions among Pentagon civilians.
Nancy Hammer, the senior government affairs policy counsel at the Society for Human Resources Management, joins On DoD with Jared Serbu to discuss a new partnership between SHRM and the Army to help military veterans transition out of uniformed service and into the civilian workforce.
USPTO director David Kappos says software is every bit as entitled to patent protection as hardware innovations. Critics of the agency should give recent reforms a chance to work, he told a think tank audience Tuesday.
Gen. William Shelton says some costs for space activities are unsustainable and the service is working to bring them down. But he implored "congressional teammates" not to cut funding for programs that are working.
NSA, DHS taking steps to improve information sharing by creating a set of standardized technical specifications that let machines detect cyber threats and communicate them to one another in real-time. Whole of government approach is starting to take shape when it comes to cybersecurity.