Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Japan
Touching on the Japan's need to improve preparedness to deal with cyber attacks, Boeing says that the ministry is placing more emphasis on cyber security.
The U.S. Military's unmanned aerial technology is becoming the envy of other nations. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has confirmed several allied nations...including Britain, Canada, Spain, Japan and South Korea... have all expressed interest in drone technology. Each branch of the military has different uses for U-A-V's or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Rear Admiral Terry Kraft says the drones capabilities in persistence and covertness are particularly impressive. And, he says, unmanned Systems will be included in the Navy's 2011 budget and beyond. They're in the process of introducing several new systems now, including the Broad Area Maritime Surveillance Unmanned Aircraft System (or BAMS), the Navy version of the Global Hawk. In 2012, the Navy anticipates a breakthrough development when they land an unmanned tail-less aircraft onboard an aircraft carrier.
The National Cherry Blossom Festival begins Saturday and continues through April 11. Many trees along the Tidal Basin are already showing off beautiful blossoms, and peak bloom is expected between April 1 and April 4.
The new 51st Translator Interpreter Company stood up Thursday at Fort Irwin, Calif.