Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Janet Napolitano
DHS secretary Janet Napolitano today appointed Philip Reitinger as the deputy undersecretary of the National Protections Program Directorate.
Quality, quantity of workforce making big difference for agency
Sens. Lieberman and Collins want more information on how many contractors DHS has and what type of work they are doing. Agency has asked its components to reevaluate their human capital plans to ensure they have the right mix.
Tags: P&B , Contracting , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Richard Spires , Elaine Duke , Clair McCaskill , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , federal workforce , contractor workforce
One of the very first middle-management officials at the Department of Homeland Security talks about the recent Presidential transition.
Now scattered through 35 buildings in the Washington area, the Department of Homeland Security is one step closer to the goal of a "unified campus" on the grounds of the old St. Elizabeth's hospital in Southeast D.C. Groundbreaking ceremonies took place days before the 8th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks which spurred creation of the mega-agency.
Sen. Carl Levin will introduce a bill requiring defense contracts to be reexamined if its cost increase more than 25 percent over its initial estimate.
Tags: Contracting , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , John McCain , DoD , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , White House Summit , acquisition workforce
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the U.S. government has not done everything it can to educate and engage the public in preventing terrorism. Napolitano spoke Wednesday at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York before heading to ground zero. She said the public has been treated as a "liability to be protected," instead of an asset in maintaining the nation's security. Americans, she says, have a role along with local law enforcement, the federal government and the international community.
Agency expects to save millions on Microsoft, Oracle titles.