Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Janet Napolitano
Deputy Commissioner David Aguilar says he will be leaving the federal law enforcement agency at the end of March.
After superstorm Sandy, the government is putting all hands on deck response to the storm, providing on-the-ground assistance, federal funding and coordinating rescue and clean-up efforts.
Senate version of the cyber legislation includes a provision to let the Homeland Security Department take specific steps to be more competitive in hiring cyber workers. Secretary Janet Napolitano said DHS is in the midst of hiring hundreds, but could use many more.
Homeland Security Department Secretary Janet Napolitano approved the reorganization plan earlier this week. The newly aligned Office of Cybersecurity and Communications expands from three divisions and creates a new performance-management office.
A preliminary investigation has found friendly fire likely was to blame in a shooting that killed one federal agent and wounded another along the Arizona-Mexico border, the FBI said Friday.
The Homeland Security Advisory Council Task Force on Cyberskills submitted 11 recommendations to the DHS secretary on how to improve the agency's cyber workforce. The committee said DHS must define the skills needed to protect .gov networks. It also suggested setting testing and certification standards.
Napolitano said there were a few outstanding issues and President Barack Obama has not yet reviewed the document.
A federal lawsuit that resulted in the resignation of a senior aide to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano might be settled out of court.