Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Janet Napolitano
The virtual fence, better known as SBInet, was originally proposed by the Bush Administration to monitor the southern U.S. border with Mexico. But now, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are quickly losing patience with a project that has had a troubled history, while hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars in costs.
There are more contractors than federal employees working at the Department of Homeland Security. Sec. Napolitano blames a federal hiring process that takes too long and costs too much.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delivered to Congress the very first Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. The document reflects nearly a year's worth of work as DHS officials, external stakeholders and even members of the public held an unusually open examination of the programs and priorities of a mega-agency charged with safeguarding the nation. An outside group that monitors the homeland security community offers its own first-look of the QHSR.
Tags: security , DHS , QHSR , Frank J. Cilluffo , Homeland Security Policy Institute , George Washington University , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , National Academy of Public Administration , Max Cacas
You would think that protecting the nation from terrorists would keep you up at night, but Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says she's not losing any sleep. Secretary Napolitano tells National Security Correspondent JJ Green the mission is a tough one, and even though she's getting good pillow-time, there are problems that concern her.
Department decision part of efficiency review to save money and improve business processes.