Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jane Holl Lute
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Jane Holl Lute announced today that she would be stepping down in May as deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.
The newly issued Executive Order gives NIST, DHS several goals and corresponding deadlines over the next year. NIST will work with industry to create a cybersecurity framework. DHS is expanding the information sharing program so industry can receive classified and unclassified cyber threat data more easily and more quickly.
Tags: technology , NIST , Patrick Gallagher , DHS , Bruce McConnell , Michael Daniel , White House , cybersecurity , information sharing , Verizon , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Craig Silliman , Jason Miller
The Veterans Affairs Department said it saved $40 million by using this centralized approach to managing contractors. vendor management organizations also help agencies buy more strategically. OFPP plans to expand strategic sourcing and sets a $2 billion savings goal by 2015.
Tags: Steven VanRoekel , OMB , OFPP , strategic sourcing , technology , acquisition , acquisition policy , contracting , Joe Jordan , PortfolioStat , vendor management organizations , DHS , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , Transportation , John Porcari , Jason Miller , President
White House strategy gives the Commerce Department bureau the ability to bring industry, privacy, security and other experts together to develop policies and standards. The administration made it clear the private sector will lead the effort and the government is only creating a marketplace for these services.
In a first, the Department of Homeland Security launched its annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month from two cities at the same time: Washington, D.C. and Seattle. Officials reminded government, industry and the general public about good cyber hygiene.
In today's Cybersecurity Update, the DorobekINSIDER takes a look at DHS's cybersecurity mission as well as how much money information security specialists are really making.