Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Inhofe
The top lawmakers on the Senate Armed Services Committee have called on the Defense Department to detail how it will cut billions more from its budget if sequestration continues into next year. In a letter dated May 2, Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the chairman and ranking member, respectively, of the committee, asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to provide a "package of reductions" to the department's proposed 2014 budget.
Pilots' rights when dealing with Federal Aviation Administration disciplinary proceedings would receive a boost under a bill passed by Congress on Monday.
Letter, sent to 15 large vendors, asks for estimated impacts of sequestration on defense contractors.
Tags: DoD , Congress , budget , sequestration , defense industrial base , John McCain , Kelly Ayotte , Joe Lieberman , Saxby Chambliss , John Cornyn , Lindsey Graham , Lockheed Marting , Aerospace Industries Association , Jared Serbu
DoD officials say as the number of troops shrink so should their real estate holdings. Lawmakers are wary about reducing troop and bases levels too much, and the expense of the Base Realignment and Closure process.