Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Clapper
Government making progress on cutting clearance times, but member of Congress fear backsliding.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , Chris Coons , Jeffrey Zients , John Berry , Beth McGrath , Brenda Farrell , security clearance
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
So far, the Pentagon has not reported any incidents of reprisals against Afghans named in the documents exposed by the Wikileaks website, but it has sparked new questions about how far to go in sharing sensitive information within the government, a practice that expanded after Sept. 11, 2001, in order to help prevent future terrorist attacks. In a speech recently, director of national intelligence, James Clapper, called the July leaks "a big yellow flag" for those concerned about protecting classified information.
Learn more about James Clapper's nomination hearing