Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Clapper
Government making progress on cutting clearance times, but member of Congress fear backsliding.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , Chris Coons , Jeffrey Zients , John Berry , Beth McGrath , Brenda Farrell , security clearance
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
So far, the Pentagon has not reported any incidents of reprisals against Afghans named in the documents exposed by the Wikileaks website, but it has sparked new questions about how far to go in sharing sensitive information within the government, a practice that expanded after Sept. 11, 2001, in order to help prevent future terrorist attacks. In a speech recently, director of national intelligence, James Clapper, called the July leaks "a big yellow flag" for those concerned about protecting classified information.
Learn more about James Clapper's nomination hearing