Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Clapper
The Federal security clearance process has been on the Government Accountability Office's "high risk list" since 2005. But now, a Senate committee hears evidence that the officials from a task force of federal agencies trying to fix the clearance process may have finally turned a corner.
Tags: management , Pay&benefits , The Senate Government Management and Federal Workf , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , John Berry , OMB , Jeffrey Zients , Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence , Max Cacas
The Defense Intelligence Agency is now 50 years old, but its current and former leaders say the last 10 have come to define it as an agency.
Fears that the leak of thousands of State Department memos to the website WikiLeaks would reverse progress on interagency sharing of national security information have not materialized, officials testified Thursday. Agencies have responded by recognizing the need to protect data rather than by hoarding it, they said.
Tags: DoD , Congress , technology , information sharing , State Department , Director of National Intelligence , Teri Takai , Corin Stone , Patrick Kennedy , WikiLeaks , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , identity management , secure identity cards , CACs , public key infrastructure , SIPRNet , Jared Serbu
The Office of the Director for National Intelligence has a new chief information officer - Al Tarasiuk.
Government making progress on cutting clearance times, but member of Congress fear backsliding.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , Chris Coons , Jeffrey Zients , John Berry , Beth McGrath , Brenda Farrell , security clearance
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
So far, the Pentagon has not reported any incidents of reprisals against Afghans named in the documents exposed by the Wikileaks website, but it has sparked new questions about how far to go in sharing sensitive information within the government, a practice that expanded after Sept. 11, 2001, in order to help prevent future terrorist attacks. In a speech recently, director of national intelligence, James Clapper, called the July leaks "a big yellow flag" for those concerned about protecting classified information.