Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Clapper
The Defense Department and the intelligence community are working on joint data standards as they migrate toward enterprise IT environments. Both organizations also are implementing roles-based, access control to ensure secure information sharing.
Tags: DoD , Intelligence community , GEOINT , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , Joint Information Environment , identity management , attribute-based access control , Rob Carey , Al Tarasiuk , Jared Serbu
Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise will reach initial operating capability next March on the way to full implementation in 2018. The NGA and DIA are building a common desktop for all of the intelligence community agencies.
Tags: intelligence , technology , ODNI , NGA , GEOINT , Letitia Long , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , shared services , cloud computing , common desktop , Jared Serbu , NSA , CIA , DIA
New security measures, including a new polygraph question, will help avoid leaks from intelligence employees, announced James Clapper, director of National Intelligence. Lawyer John Mahoney analyzes the legal responsibilities between agencies and federal employees.
Republican senators on Tuesday welcomed a move by the director of national intelligence to snuff out leaks of classified information but insisted that a special counsel is needed to investigate the Obama administration and recent disclosures.
The U.S. intelligence community will now be able to store information about Americans with no ties to terrorism for up to five years under new Obama administration guidelines.
Agencies are struggling to keep up with the tremendous amount of data being created every day. DIA deputy director David Shedd said too much information and not having the right IT to sift through it is the biggest remaining challenge the government faces. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said tagging and standards, such as NIEM, could help solve the data deluge.
Tags: technology , management , information sharing , Kshemendra Paul , David Shedd , DIA , ODNI , Information Sharing Environment , WikiLeaks , CSIS , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting standard , Jason Miller
President Obama recently signed the 2012 intelligence authorization bill, which requires status reports on released Guantanamo Bay detainees.
As the intelligence community looks for ways to cut its budget over the coming decade, it's turning to IT efficiency to be a big contributor. The director of national intelligence says he intends for agencies to get half of their budget savings by implementing more collaborative and common IT architectures, and migrating more services to cloud computing. DNI James Clapper says the stretch goal will take some up-front investment, but he hopes the IT initiatives will pay big dividends over the next ten years.
Chief information officers in the intelligence community said despite cultural challenges, it makes sense to treat the IC as one IT enterprise. They owe an implementation plan to IC agency heads by the end of this year.
Tags: technology , IT , ODNI , Intelligence community , CIA , NRO , NGA , NSA , DIA , Jeanne Tisinger , Al Tarasiuk , Jill Singer , Neill Tipton , industry , information sharing , cloud computing , budget , Jared Serbu