Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Carafano
Heritage Foundation security expert James Carafano will discuss the terrorist bombings in Boston, and what the U.S. government can do to prevent future attacks.
April 19, 2013
Dr. James Carafano, director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discussed his perspective on the 2013 defense budget request.
The Senate Budget Committee examined the FY 2013 budget request for the Defense Department Tuesday. Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said providing funding for national security is the "single most important responsibility" of lawmakers and the government. Three expert witnesses also testified.
Governorship prepared her well for DHS challenges
Tags: management , Janet Napolitano , DHS House Homeland Security Committee , Michele Mrdeza , Brian Jackson , Heritage , MXM Consulting , RAND , information sharing , border security , Action directives , acquisition
James Carafano is the Director for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation.
James Carafano, director of the Douglas and Sarah Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discusses the possible DoD cuts.
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DOJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , Jason Miller