Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: James Carafano
Heritage Foundation security expert James Carafano will discuss the terrorist bombings in Boston, and what the U.S. government can do to prevent future attacks.
April 19, 2013
Dr. James Carafano, director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discussed his perspective on the 2013 defense budget request.
The Senate Budget Committee examined the FY 2013 budget request for the Defense Department Tuesday. Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said providing funding for national security is the "single most important responsibility" of lawmakers and the government. Three expert witnesses also testified.
Governorship prepared her well for DHS challenges
Tags: management , Janet Napolitano , DHS House Homeland Security Committee , Michele Mrdeza , Brian Jackson , Heritage , MXM Consulting , RAND , information sharing , border security , Action directives , acquisition
James Carafano is the Director for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation.
James Carafano, director of the Douglas and Sarah Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discusses the possible DoD cuts.
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM , Jason Miller