Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jacque Simon
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
When House and Senate lawmakers kicked off formal budget negotiations this week for the first time since the government shutdown ended, both Republicans and Democrats said replacing sequestration, the blunt across-the-board budget cuts, with an alternative plan would be a top priority. The sticking point remains how to pay for it. Federal-employee unions and advocacy groups fear federal pay and benefits will once again be on the table.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Bob Weiner, former Clinton White House spokesman, details sequestration's harmful effects on cancer research while Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) analyzes the president's budget proposal. AFGE Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis also discusses the union's labor agreement with the Small Business Administration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski and National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare President Max Richtman voice opposition to President Obama's chained CPI budget proposal and its impact on seniors, veterans and federal employees. AFGE Public Policy Director Jacque Simon also analyzes proposed changes to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
OPM's Angela Bailey discusses how agencies are struggling to fill critical skill gaps in the hard sciences. Procurement attorney Joe Petrillo fills us in on what to expect with the new defense authorization law. Jacque Simon of AFGE says her union is frustrated with the lack of attention being paid to federal workers' concerns over sequestration. John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service discusses possible changes agencies may face in President Obama's second term.
Tags: Angela Bailey , OPM , CHCOC , Joe Petrillo , Petrillo and Powell , Legal Loop , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , AFGE , OMB , sequestration , Federal Drive , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service
John Kamensky from the IBM Center for The Business of Government talks about two decades of a results-oriented federal performance management system. Allan Holmes of Bloomberg Government discusses the top technology issues facing the government in 2013. Jeffrey Neal of ICF International sheds light on OPM's new guide to executive development. Jacque Simon of AFGE discusses legislation that could freeze federal pay to the end of the year.
Tags: John Kamensky , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Allan Holmes , Bloomberg Government , Jeffrey Neal , ICF International , OPM , AGFE , Congress , pay freeze , workforce , Federal Drive , OMB
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the fiscal cliff's potential impact on federal employees. Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) and Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also discuss what a fiscal cliff deal might look like.
AFGE President denounces continuation of federal pay freeze - August 24th, 2012 and August 31st, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox opposes President Obama's decision to continue the federal employee pay freeze, while Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the financial impact on workers. AFL-CIO Executive Vice President Arlene Holt Baker and AFGE TSA Local 556 President Don Thomas also appear.
AFGE's Public Policy Director Jacque Simon and
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly of the Federal Times
will talk about the big issues affecting federal
July 25, 2012