Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jack Moore
A government shutdown was averted Thursday when Congress approved a compromise spending bill. The bill funds the departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Transportation, HUD, Justice, and some smaller agencies through the end of the fiscal year. The rest of the government will operate on another short-term continuing resolution, which will expire Dec. 16.
The use senior mentors — retired military officers or former high-level civilian officials hired as contractors — has dropped precipitously in the year and a half since the Defense Department instituted stiffer conflict-of-interest rules and a pay cap, according to an inspector general's report issued last week.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Tags: supercommittee , management , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Elijah Cummings , Joe Lieberman , Susan Collins , Barack Obama , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , pay and benefits , retirement , workforce , hiring , deficit , Jolie Lee ,
Peter Lurie, a senior advisor in the Office of the Commissioner at the FDA, told the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris the sooner the agency learns of an impending drug shortage the sooner it can take action.
After a rocky start, the Office of Personnel Management says USAJobs.gov, the federal government's jobs portal, is making progress, citing 1.8 million successful log-ins in the last two weeks.
The White House is threatening to veto a bill that would repeal the 3 percent tax withholding on government contractors because of the spending cuts attached to the legislation. The Senate version of the bill would cut $30 billion in government spending to pay for repealing the tax, which the White House says is too much.
Steve Kempf, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at GSA joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new efforts at more efficient print management.
The Office of Management and Budget has issued new guidance to agencies that would accelerate payments to small-business contractors. OMB Director Jacob Lew directed Executive Branch agencies to cut the payment processing time from 30 days to 15 days.
The gap in pay between genders is smaller in the federal government than in the private sector, but the Office of Personnel Management and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission have reaffirmed their vow to reduce the remaining discrepancy in pay between men and women.
The nation's 9-1-1 system is rooted in the old, switched-circuit telephone system — and it still works fairly well, even in today's mobile-technology world. But some, including FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, think it's past due for an upgrade.