Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: J. David Cox Sr.
During the final edition of Inside Government on Federal News Radio, your host Ward Morrow speaks with Chris Garlock of the DC Labor Film Fest and discusses issues at the Bureau of Prisons with Eric Young, the AFGE Council of Prisons Locals. Inside Government also looks back through AFGE history with the union's Chief of Staff, Brian DeWyngaert, and discusses what's next with AFGE National President J. David Cox, Sr.
Sens. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) introduced the Federal Adjustment of Income Rates (FAIR) Act Friday, calling for a 3.3 percent pay increase for federal employees for calendar year 2015. Federal employee union leaders praised the proposal, which would raise feds' pay more than the 1 percent President Barack Obama introduced in his 2015 budget proposal. The bill is similar to one introduced in March by House Democrats.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. previews the union's 2014 agenda and Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young discusses the work environment inside the Federal Bureau of Prisons. AFGE Local 2778 Vice President John Adams addresses contracting out concerns at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. proposes reforms at the Transportation Security Administration after last week's shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport. Rep. Donna Edwards (Md.) discusses upcoming budget battles on Capitol Hill, AFGE Federal Protective Service Local 918 President David Wright addresses training concerns with the FPS contractor workforce and DoD Local 2024 Chief Steward Donald Hands talks about ways to engage retired union members.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development canceled its last two furlough days after its employee union agreed to drop a grievance over the agency's alleged violations of its earlier furlough agreement.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, urges furloughed federal employees to file appeals with the Merit Systems Protection Board while Field Services and Education Director Dave Cann discusses furlough resources available to members. AFGE Assistant General Counsel Matt Milledge addresses employee appeal rights and Defense Conference Chair Don Hale analyzes sequestration's impact on military readiness.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. details the union's continuing fight against sequestration on behalf of federal employees. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also discusses efforts to defeat privatization while AFGE National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.