Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: J. David Cox Sr.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. previews the union's 2014 agenda and Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young discusses the work environment inside the Federal Bureau of Prisons. AFGE Local 2778 Vice President John Adams addresses contracting out concerns at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. proposes reforms at the Transportation Security Administration after last week's shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport. Rep. Donna Edwards (Md.) discusses upcoming budget battles on Capitol Hill, AFGE Federal Protective Service Local 918 President David Wright addresses training concerns with the FPS contractor workforce and DoD Local 2024 Chief Steward Donald Hands talks about ways to engage retired union members.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development canceled its last two furlough days after its employee union agreed to drop a grievance over the agency's alleged violations of its earlier furlough agreement.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, urges furloughed federal employees to file appeals with the Merit Systems Protection Board while Field Services and Education Director Dave Cann discusses furlough resources available to members. AFGE Assistant General Counsel Matt Milledge addresses employee appeal rights and Defense Conference Chair Don Hale analyzes sequestration's impact on military readiness.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. details the union's continuing fight against sequestration on behalf of federal employees. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also discusses efforts to defeat privatization while AFGE National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.