Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interstate 66
You can't get to Gainesville from Rosslyn on I-66, at least if you ask Google Maps for directions.
Two candidates battling to represent Northern Virginia squared off Tuesday on how to reduce traffic congestion in the area.
"We do believe HOT lanes have a great future in this region," says Virginia Transportation Secretary Sean Connaughton.
Tags: Orange Line , Virginia Department of Transportation , Sean Connaughton , Capital Beltway , Dulles Toll Road , HOT lanes , Sprawl & Crawl , Adam Tuss , I-66 , High Occupancy Toll lanes , Sprawl and Crawl
The investigation of the seven-car pile up that shut down Interstate 66 earlier this morning has been completed and all lanes have been reopened.
Drivers can expect closures down to one lane between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights from Sept. 19 to Sept. 30.
Heads up if you're going to be out and about in the car this weekend.
Virginia hasn't changed the speed at which you can be charged with reckless driving, but the speed limit in some areas has gone up to 70 mph.
The construction project will take Route 29 near the Interstate 66 interchange over the railroad tracks.
The study will look the possibility of High Occupancy Toll lanes on the interstate, congestion pricing and bus rapid transit, as well as changes to High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.
Rep. Gerry Connolly and the Fairfax Board of Supervisors are asking the federal government to open the I-66 ramps at Monument Drive and Stringfellow Road during the hours they are normally closed.