Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Internet Security Alliance
The departments of Commerce, Homeland Security and Treasury submitted suggestions to the White House on what incentives the government can offer to induce critical infrastructure providers to use the cybersecurity framework to improve their systems and networks. NIST is leading an effort to develop the framework with industry.
The administration has struggled to fulfill its promise to take enough concrete steps to make cybersecurity a national security priority. Experts say the White House fell short in several areas, most notably in getting comprehensive cyber legislation passed.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Obama Impact , David Smith , Potomac Institute , Bob Dix , Juniper Networks , Patrick Howard , SecureInfo Corp. , Phyllis Schneck , McAfee , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , White House , Congress , Larry Clinton , jason miller
Larry Clinton, the president of the Internet Security Alliance, testified before the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on the role of the private sector in responding to cyber threats.
ISA and ANSI Release New Action Guide to Help Business Leaders Mitigate the Risk and Damage of Cyber Attacks, EPA hires AT&T through Networx, private cloud backup service launched
Larry Clinton, the president of the Internet Security Alliance, gives his assessment for some lawmakers' call for a code of conduct.
Internet Security Alliance Report lays out frameworks for implementing Pres. Obama's Cyber Security Strategy
Public and private sector chief financial officers should develop a budget that calculates the gross financial risk a security breach could pose to their organization. That's according to a new report from the American National Standards Institute and the Internet Security Alliance. We get details from Larry Clinton, President and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance.
Ideas about how President Obama's new cybersecurity official should move the ball forward are coming from all points. The Internet Security Alliance is one source.
What difference will the White house's Cybersecurity Proposal make? You'll find out next from Larry Clinton, president and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance.
Congress heard criticisms of the White House's cybersecurity proposal Friday, including claims that it provides incentives that could make the nation's critical infrastructure less secure.