Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior Department
More than half of senior executives surveyed by the Senior Executives Association are reporting "low" or "very low" morale with their jobs. The problem lies with a pay-for-performance system where some supervisors make less money than the people they lead. Increasing numbers of senior executive service members are ready to leave the federal government altogether.
A U.S. Interior Department program intended to recognize conservation efforts along the nation's waterways was dissolved on Friday amid opposition from landowners and politicians who feared it would lead to increased regulations and possible land seizures.
Like many agencies, National Park Service is facing many challenges during tight budgetary times. Chief among NPS' challenges is how to train its next generation of leaders.
The General Services Administration will focus on its core mission and let others provide payroll and human resources services. The decision comes as shared services is gaining momentum as OPM is pumping some energy back into the HR line of business, and the Interior will release a new geospatial platform to host data and applications.
Tags: management , technology , shared services , OMB , Norm Dong , Scott Bernard , GSA , Anne Rung , OPM , David Vargas , Joe Ward , Jerry Johnston , Geospatial information , ACT-IAC , DHS , Jeff Spicka , Jason Miller , Uncle Sam
Kevin Gallagher, the associate director for core science systems at USGS, said the agency is developing a new data management strategy that will help it meet the White House requirement to make federally-funded research data more easily accessible.
Obama administration officials say the automatic budget cuts called "sequestration" have not yet affected the government's ability to fight wildfires.
A Twitter photo and phone tip from a resident helped animal keepers track down a red panda in a Washington neighborhood Monday after it went missing from the Smithsonian's National Zoo.
The Statue of Liberty, closed since Superstorm Sandy damaged the island where it stands, will reopen to the public in time for Independence Day, officials said Tuesday.