Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.
Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) committed to helping the nation reach its clean energy future. BLM's Ray Brady tells us how that could happen.
Troubled IT projects are getting top-level attention. The kind of attention CIOs would like to avoid. Interior's CIO Bernard Mazer gives us a progress report.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , Vivek Kundra , OPM , Matt Perry , DOJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
Reversed and remanded. That's where the case of a former Interior Department employee who blew the whistle sits. Bill Bransford gives us an update.
EPA, NASA and Transportation receive two honors each in different categories. Overall 17 agencies received all green scores on the Open Government dashboard.
The Justice Department's new report finds that the number of partial documents released last year increased by 50,000. Many agencies also reduced their backlog of FOIA requests. Agencies say some of improvements can be attributed to increased attention across the government and better technology.
Salazar told lawmakers Thursday that he will use his regulatory authority to impose strict new rules.