Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
Interior CIO Bernie Mazer tells Jason Miller about the new expanded role of the CIO.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
PEER claims a new directive for the agency that replaced MMS is diminishing scientific integrity by screening employees' findings.
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.
Interior's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) committed to helping the nation reach its clean energy future. BLM's Ray Brady tells us how that could happen.
Troubled IT projects are getting top-level attention. The kind of attention CIOs would like to avoid. Interior's CIO Bernard Mazer gives us a progress report.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , Vivek Kundra , OPM , Matt Perry , DoJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
Reversed and remanded. That's where the case of a former Interior Department employee who blew the whistle sits. Bill Bransford gives us an update.