Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
The Government Accountability Office has released a list of seven major management challenges at Interior. The challenges range from land acquisition to information security.
The government watchdog agency highlights 30 areas that are at-risk of major problems or failure. Auditors added Interior's handling of gas and oil resources, but several on-going challenges saw the scope of oversight shrink because of progress agencies have made.
Deloitte's Eric Openshaw explains how the tablet technology is becoming more than just a toy.
Wow. So much news about cloud, so little time. Good thing we have this blog, right? Federal News Radio was busy covering news about cloud computing this week. We’ve gathered all of those stories here for easy access. Army weeks away from enterprise e-mail rollout The Army will begin migrating employees to its new cloud-based [...]
If you want a preview of coming attractions in your own agency, check out what is happening in the giant US Postal Service. It is looking at a major cutback of administrative personnel, consolidating post offices and relocating employees, not to mention possible pay and benefit changes. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you could be next.
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , GSA , USDA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
Former deputy CIO of Interior and VA Ed Meagher said his top story of the year is cloud computing.
Interior CIO Bernie Mazer tells Jason Miller about the new expanded role of the CIO.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
PEER claims a new directive for the agency that replaced MMS is diminishing scientific integrity by screening employees' findings.