Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
Microsoft makes court documents public as part of battle to provide cloud services to the Interior Department. Google contends its Google Apps for Government offers more security than FISMA requires.
The federal CIO told House lawmakers that one major reason IT projects fail is the lack of authority agency technology executives have over spending. Kundra said as part of the 25-point IT reform plan, OMB is restricting the roles of all major agency CIOs. He said the Interior Department is the model, and HHS is next.
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , VA , DHS , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform , Jason Miller
The Government Accountability Office has released a list of seven major management challenges at Interior. The challenges range from land acquisition to information security.
The government watchdog agency highlights 30 areas that are at-risk of major problems or failure. Auditors added Interior's handling of gas and oil resources, but several on-going challenges saw the scope of oversight shrink because of progress agencies have made.
Deloitte's Eric Openshaw explains how the tablet technology is becoming more than just a toy.
Wow. So much news about cloud, so little time. Good thing we have this blog, right? Federal News Radio was busy covering news about cloud computing this week. We’ve gathered all of those stories here for easy access. Army weeks away from enterprise e-mail rollout The Army will begin migrating employees to its new cloud-based [...]
If you want a preview of coming attractions in your own agency, check out what is happening in the giant US Postal Service. It is looking at a major cutback of administrative personnel, consolidating post offices and relocating employees, not to mention possible pay and benefit changes. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you could be next.
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , GSA , USDA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
Former deputy CIO of Interior and VA Ed Meagher said his top story of the year is cloud computing.