Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
Interior Department launches new portal that allows employees to access the agency's internal network using their own mobile devices. Starting today, employees can use a tablet or smartphone to record time and attendance.
Pressure is growing on agencies to draft formal succession plans. There's good reason to believe more feds retired in late 2011 than in recent years, although the final count is not yet out.
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar has launched a process that would merge the department's office for mining reclamation with the larger Bureau of Land Management. Salazar said the move is part of the department's continued push for greater efficiencies.
Industry experts charge that the Defense Department is targeting specific vendor employees to bring in house. Most of the Pentagon's actions are purely budget driven, industry says. OMB says insourcing is just one element of the broader management initiative of managing the multi-sector workforce.
Tags: mngt , contracting , best practices , Matthew Blum , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , OFPP , DoD , Defense , Stan Soloway , Terry Raney , Professional Services Council , CACI , insourcing , Multi-sector workforce , acquisition workforce
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Labor , Treasury
White House hosts meeting with 50 CEOs from private sector companies to discuss how to incorporate best practices to make the government more effective and efficient. Chief performance officer Jeff Zients says the ideas from the meeting will be used to help agencies meet their three-to-eight high priority goals in 2010. The administration's goal is to change the way the government uses technology to serve citizens.
Tags: management , technology , Barack Obama , Jeff Zients , Scott Gould , Jacob Lew , Bill Lynn , Tony Miller , David Hayes , White House , OMB , VA , DoD , Education , State , management agenda , high priority goals
Data relevancy taking over data accessibility