Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Interior
A new report shows agencies already cut the use of management-support contracts by 7 percent in 2011. OMB details four focus areas to continue to reduce spending on contracts for 2012.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Danny Werfel , OMB , Commerce , Rebecca Blank , Intelligent Decisions , strategic sourcing , Campaign to Cut Waste , HHS , management support contracts , high-risk contracts , Jason Miller
The agency hired CGI Federal to move its application from the Interior Department to the private cloud.
The department released a new RFP asking for a host of services. Interior made an award in 2010 to a Microsoft provider only to see a Google provider protest and eventually force the agency to pull back the contract.
With the launch of a new portal this week, Interior Department employees can now use their own mobile devices to log on to the agency's network. Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Interior Department launches new portal that allows employees to access the agency's internal network using their own mobile devices. Starting today, employees can use a tablet or smartphone to record time and attendance.
Pressure is growing on agencies to draft formal succession plans. There's good reason to believe more feds retired in late 2011 than in recent years, although the final count is not yet out.
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar has launched a process that would merge the department's office for mining reclamation with the larger Bureau of Land Management. Salazar said the move is part of the department's continued push for greater efficiencies.
Industry experts charge that the Defense Department is targeting specific vendor employees to bring in house. Most of the Pentagon's actions are purely budget driven, industry says. OMB says insourcing is just one element of the broader management initiative of managing the multi-sector workforce.
Tags: mngt , contracting , best practices , Matthew Blum , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , OFPP , DoD , Defense , Stan Soloway , Terry Raney , Professional Services Council , CACI , insourcing , Multi-sector workforce , acquisition workforce
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Labor , Treasury