Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Intelligence Community
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is focusing on four programs to add more value to how it delivers GIS content and services to the DoD and intelligence communities. Director Letitia Long said the community is in phase three of the evolution of using and sharing geospatial information.
Employees at the departments of Treasury, Homeland Security and State can use their HSPD-12 smart cards to log onto the intelligence community's unclassified sharing platform. Most recently, the departments of Health and Human Services, Veterans Affairs and the Justice Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will have access to the tools and applications through their smart identity cards.
The Marine Corps is trying to develop ways to automatically push the vast array of intelligence information gathered by military sensors to low-level marines on the battlefield.
President Barack Obama is directing his national intelligence director to form a panel of outside experts to review government intelligence and communications technologies
Legislators want to strengthen OPM's ability to oversee the security clearance process to thwart under-qualified candidates from obtaining and keeping security clearances.
Government contractors with security clearances, such as Edward Snowden, aren't legally protected from whistleblowing even by going through the proper channels. But John Mahoney, of the law firm Tully Rinckey, said Snowden should have defaulted to the standard whistleblowing procedure used by government employees in the intelligence community, who are protected under the law.
James Clapper, the director of National Intelligence, tells Federal News Radio he's concerned about the effects of sequestration on the intelligence community.
Al Tarasiuk, the chief information officer for ODNI and for the intelligence community, said the IC-IT Enterprise strategy is centralizing technology services across the 17 agencies.
October 11, 2012(Encore presentation November 22, 2012)
The Defense Department and the intelligence community are working on joint data standards as they migrate toward enterprise IT environments. Both organizations also are implementing roles-based, access control to ensure secure information sharing.
Tags: DoD , intelligence community , GEOINT , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , Joint Information Environment , identity management , attribute-based access control , Rob Carey , Al Tarasiuk , James Clapper , Jared Serbu