Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Integrity Management Consulting
Many small and large businesses are turning to cash reserves to pay bills, including employee salaries, as the government stops processing invoices. There could be a silver lining for some, as the government may be liable for the cost of a shutdown-related stop work order under specific types of contracts.
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Tags: industry , contracting , Private Side of Sequestration , sequestration , budget , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Mary Beth Romani , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , CenturyLink , Jason Miller
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
Tags: industry , contracting , The Private Side of Sequestration , budget , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , sequestration , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , Diana Gowen , CenturyLink , Jason Miller