Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inspector general
Government investigators have found some senior officials at the Federal Air Marshal service made fun of veterans, homosexuals and minorities, creating an "unpleasant work environment" at an agency.
Appalachian Regional Commission Inspector General Hubert Sparks has tried to retire twice, but keeps coming back to government. After 43 years, this will be his last, Sparks said.
FBI's Sentinel program, which aimed to create a paperless case management system, was supposed to be completed by December 2009.
Massive spending bill includes provisions that would cap parking at the controversial office site until DoD implements traffic mitigation measures recommended by the department's inspector general.
The Justice Department Inspector General recently reviewed FBI compliance efforts and discovered some things other agencies could emulate.
Judy Leonhardt, the acting deputy assistant inspector general for support operations in the Office of the Inspector General, says that Postal Service is putting safety first.
FEMA has recovered just $3 million of $643 million in potentially improper disaster relief aid since Hurricane Katrina. But its attempts to recoup the money are setting off one senator and threatening to erupt into a public relations snafu.
Tags: Hurricane Katrina , inspector general , FEMA , Richard Serino , Matt Jadacki , Maurice McTigue , George Mason University , disaster response , improper payments , fraud , financial management , DHS , Emily Kopp , Mark Pryor , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
Quality, quantity of workforce making big difference for agency
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , Gordon Heddell , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , inspector general , contract audits , acquisition reform