Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inspector general
Forty-one agencies don't have designated inspectors general of their own, according to Senate Financial and Contracting Oversight Subcommittee Chairman Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.). She's sponsoring a bill that focuses on these small agencies that don't have the budget or resources for their own IG. Beryl Davis, director of financial management and assurance issues at the Government Accountability Office, testified recently before the subcommittee. She tells In Depth with Francis Rose about a recent GAO report on oversight at smal federal agencies.
On this week's show, Patrick Gookin, director of the DoD Inspector General Hotline, spends the full hour with Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu to talk about wny the hotline's staff is now spending more time on its core mission.
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) says agency inspectors general are increasingly facing obstacles in their efforts to uncover waste and misconduct. The top watchdogs at both the Justice Department and the Peace Corps told lawmakers they've faced resistance from their agencies at times in turning over records in recent years. Lawmakers also expressed concern about the impact of across-the-board budget cuts on the operations agency IG operations.
Tags: Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , inspector general , Peggy Gustafson , SBA , DoJ , Kathy Buller , Michael Horowitz , CIGIE , Jack Moore
For the first time in its history, the Homeland Security Department turned in a clean financial audit. A new DHS inspector general report, however, says the department has "significant deficiencies" in its internal control over financial reporting.
Tags: DHS , financial management , Tom Carper , Bennie Thompson , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Homeland Security Committee , inspector general , audit , Michael OConnell , KPMG
In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, SSA Inspector General Patrick O'Carroll explains how his office is helping the agency save millions of dollars.
A new survey of the inspector general community says tighter budgets are making it difficult for IGs to do their jobs effectively. Sequestration hasn't help matters either.
After his mother died in 1999, a Washington, D.C. man continued to collect Social Security retirement benefits and Office of Personnel Management annuity checks for 15 years.
A recent IG report said the State Department's Bureau of Information Resource Management's Office of Information Assurance lacks organization and lags in performance. The report made 32 recommendations for the office.
The Military Justice Improvement Act would shift the decision to prosecute sexual assault cases from the chain of command to independent military lawyers. A recently released DoD IG report also recommends changes in the investigation process.
Tags: DoD , Kristen Gillibrand , Rand Paul , Ted Cruz , Carl Levin , Mazie Hirono , inspector general , Military Justice Improvement Act , sexual assault , Senate Armed Services Committee , management , Cogan Schneier