Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inside Government
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses the possibility of furloughs for civilian DoD workers if sequestration occurs. Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul addresses China's impact on U.S. manufacturing while Robyn Kehoe of the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund details FEEA's work with AFGE to aid Superstorm Sandy victims. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten will preview the union's 2013 Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 10 - 13. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also address issues at their respective agencies.
AFGE plays a key role in defeat of Sacramento airport privatization initiative - January 11, 2013 and January 18, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" TSA Local 1230 President James Mudrock discusses the union's successful efforts to halt a privatization initiative at the Sacramento International Airport. Women's Campaign Fund and She Should Run President and CEO Siobhan "Sam" Bennett, Economic Policy Institute President Larry Mishel and AFGE Member Benefits Coordinator Mark Williams also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the program revisits several memorable interviews from 2012. Guests include Reps. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C., and Donna Christensen, D- Virgin Islands, and former Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D- Ohio, who participated in a congressional roundtable on health care reform. Sens. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and Ben Cardin, D-Md., and Rebuild the Dream President and Co-founder Van Jones also appear.
Rep. Gerry Connolly highlights deficit reduction contributions by federal employees - December 21, 2012 and December 28, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) discusses the sacrifices made by federal employees toward reducing the nation's deficit while AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. outlines the union's 2013 agenda. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale details the impact sequestration would have on civilian Defense Department workers.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" 14th District National Vice President Dwight Bowman highlights the union's participation in the D.C. government labor-management partnership. Social Security Works Executive Director Alex Lawson provides a closer look at the Strengthen Social Security coalition while Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey analyzes Michigan's right-to-work legislation.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses a series of nationwide protests against Social Security cuts as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations. With more on the fiscal cliff, former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner reacts to the GOP counteroffer. Bill Fletcher Jr. addresses union myths with his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths About Unions."
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the fiscal cliff's potential impact on federal employees. Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) and Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also discuss what a fiscal cliff deal might look like.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals Northeast Regional Vice President Phil Glover talks about the dedication of Bureau of Prisons workers during Superstorm Sandy while AFGE General Counsel David Borer discusses TSA workers' ratification of the first-ever collective bargaining agreement with the agency. Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul and AFGE Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox and Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten analyze Election Day results and the impact on federal employees. AFGE Legislative Representative Marilyn Park then addresses the importance of Veterans Day, while Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey discusses FEMA's response in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.