Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inside Government
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., voices his concern about federal employee furloughs and the long-term consequences of sequestration. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel describes life as a correctional officer in the Bureau of Prisons while Department of Defense Local 2077 President Jon Suminski discusses the consequences of furloughs at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers and Marine Corps Council 240 President Brian Leonard discuss the impact of furloughs and how AFGE members can fight back. Members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration while Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses assistance for AFGE members facing furloughs and Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel addresses workplace safety concerns as assaults on staff continue in the Bureau of Prisons. California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-Treasurer Art Pulaski continues the workplace safety discussion while AFGE Department of Defense Local 2228 David Bamburg details the impact of federal employee furloughs at Ellsworth AFB.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Field Mobilization Director Tucker McDonald details the union's field mobilization plan in its fight against sequestration and federal employee furloughs. AFGE Department of Veterans Affairs Council 259 President Patrick Russell discusses efforts to prevent the closure of a VA hospital in Hot Springs, S.D. while Transportation Security Administration Local 778 Executive Vice President Bobby Newsome addresses challenges Transportation Security Officers face at the workplace.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, urges furloughed federal employees to file appeals with the Merit Systems Protection Board while Field Services and Education Director Dave Cann discusses furlough resources available to members. AFGE Assistant General Counsel Matt Milledge addresses employee appeal rights and Defense Conference Chair Don Hale analyzes sequestration's impact on military readiness.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Environmental Protection Agency Local 704 member Elizabeth Lytle, a cancer survivor and disabled veteran, discusses the financial and emotional toll of being furloughed. Maryland Citizens Health Initiative President Vincent DeMarco provides an update on Maryland's implementation of the Affordable Care Act while AFGE's Bill Fletcher Jr. discusses his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths about Unions".
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" EPA Council 238 President Chuck Orzehoskie and Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers discuss the latest furlough developments at EPA and DOD while AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten highlights the union's legislative efforts to end furloughs. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Chris Hayes, host of MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes," discusses workplace safety issues and the value of public employees. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick and AFGE FAA Local 2282 President Greg Brooks address federal government furloughs while AFGE Small Business Administration Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis details the union's labor agreement with SBA.