Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inside Government
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran opposes a Customs and Border Protection proposal that would mandate the use of cameras in vehicles and on Border Patrol agents. Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund Communications and Development Director Robyn Kehoe details FEEA's efforts to help federal employees furloughed due to sequestration and the government shutdown. AFGE TSA Local 556 President Don Thomas and DoD Local 2516 President Paul Ferris also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes (Md.) looks back on the government shutdown and praises federal employees' commitment to public service while former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner discusses what's next as new budget deadlines approach. AFGE Department of Defense Local 2077 President Jon Suminski and Executive Vice President Darold Hubbard also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Transportation Security Administration Local 1127 President George Stebbins and Department of Transportation Local 3313 VP Tyler Patterson discuss the union's future from AFGE's recent Leadership Conference. Working America North Carolina State Director Carolyn Smith and AFGE TSA Local 1127 member Jason Miller also appear from the recent North Carolina State AFL-CIO Convention.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul discusses the government shutdown's impact on U.S. manufacturing. North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin, retired AFGE SSA Local 3509 member Michael Gravinese and American Postal Workers Union Local 1078 member Louis Forrisi also appear from the recent North Carolina AFL-CIO Convention.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. addresses the government shutdown and its impact on employees and public services. AFGE SSA Local 836 EVP Matt Perlinger discusses the importance of engaging younger union members and Professor Jeffrey Hilgert talks about his book, "Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Right to Refuse Unsafe Work."
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" General Services Administration Local 2275 President John Garvey discusses efforts to end workplace discrimination while new Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young shares his top priorities going forward. Also, AFGE District 11 National Fair Practices Coordinator Ivan Weich responds to a layoff proposal at the Columbia Basin Job Corps in Moses Lake, Wash. and Department of Veterans Affairs Local 1988 EVP Geddes Scott advocates for more staffing at the VA.
AFGE members share stories from the front lines of federal service - September 6, 2013 and September 13, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" four AFGE members discuss their commitment to federal service and challenges they face in the workplace. TSA Local 778 EVP Bobby Newsome, Council of Prison Locals National Fair Practices Coordinator Sandy Parr, VA Local 2241 Women's Coordinator Marva Newell and National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals Regional VP David Sheagley share their stories on the benefits and challenges of federal service.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Wisconsin State Sen. Lena Taylor and AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 President Eddie Eitches appear from the union's recent Human Rights Training Conference. Taylor discusses the importance of the labor movement while Eitches reveals negotiations with HUD management to reduce furlough days. Former Clinton White House spokesman also addresses the consequences of sequestration and AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. speaks out against furloughs during the union's protest in Pittsburgh, Pa.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Benefits Coordinator Mark Williams discusses new benefits available to AFGE members while Bob Hill of First Command Financial Services offers financial tips for furloughed federal employees. National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare President and CEO Max Richtman and Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Department of Defense Local 1708 President Bill McGuire talks about the impact of furloughs on the Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point in Southport, N.C. AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses resolved outstanding articles from the union's contract agreement with SSA while Economic Policy Institute Economic Analyst David Cooper addresses the lingering effects of unemployment on the economic recovery.