Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inside Government
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of the union's annual Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference discuss critical issues facing federal employees. Guests include Washington, D.C., Mayor Vincent Gray, Reps. Tom Cole (Okla.) and Chris Van Hollen (Md.), and the Rev. Terry Melvin, president of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists. AFGE Council of Prison Locals Western Regional Vice President Michael Meserve also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of Families USA's Health Action 2014 Conference discuss the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Guests include National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare President and CEO Max Richtman, Citizen Action of Wisconsin Executive Director Robert Kraig, author and former insurance executive Wendell Potter, The Daily Beast Contributing Editor Eleanor Clift and Young Invincibles Senior Policy Analyst Christina Postolowski.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Office of Personnel Management Local 32 President Charlretta McNeill discusses sequestration's role in Reduction-in-Force notices being sent to 356 OPM employees, and how the union has helped those workers. Families USA Executive Director Ron Pollack, campaign strategist Ethan Rome and Tennessee Justice Center attorney Gordon Bonnyman highlight the latest Affordable Care Act developments from Families USA's Health Action 2014 Conference.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" former Rep. Patrick Murphy (Pa.) discusses his MSNBC program, "Taking the Hill with Patrick Murphy," to bring attention to veterans issues. AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten previews the union's Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 9 - 12 while Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul details the latest manufacturing jobs numbers. National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare's Web Phillips reacts to service reductions at SSA.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" DoD Local 2077 President Jon Suminski details OSHA violations at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan while Witold Skwierczynski, president of AFGE's National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals, discusses service reductions and field office closures at SSA. Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the program revisits several memorable interviews from 2013. Guests include MSNBC's Chris Hayes and professor Jeffrey Hilgert, author of "Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Right to Refuse Unsafe Work." AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. and Department of Defense Local 1345 Steward Tracy School also appear from an August furlough protest at the union's Human Rights Training Conference in Pittsburgh, Pa.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. previews the union's 2014 agenda and Council of Prison Locals President Eric Young discusses the work environment inside the Federal Bureau of Prisons. AFGE Local 2778 Vice President John Adams addresses contracting out concerns at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union's members share their stories working on the front lines in the Department of Veterans Affairs. AFGE Local 903 Chief Steward Donald White and Local 1988 Executive Vice President Geddes Scott discuss fighting for equality for all employees and the personal connection caregivers feel toward patients in the VA. Rick Weidman, executive director for policy and government affairs at Vietnam Veterans of America, also appears to detail legislation designed to help veterans returning home from combat.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of the union's recent National Veterans Affairs Council Convention discuss issues impacting veterans and workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Guests include Ohio State Senator Nina Turner, AFGE VA Local 1273 Vice President Travis Riggs and John Bradley, former senior staffer on the House and Senate Veterans Affairs committees.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. proposes reforms at the Transportation Security Administration after last week's shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport. Rep. Donna Edwards (Md.) discusses upcoming budget battles on Capitol Hill, AFGE Federal Protective Service Local 918 President David Wright addresses training concerns with the FPS contractor workforce and DoD Local 2024 Chief Steward Donald Hands talks about ways to engage retired union members.