Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inside DISA
After issuing a draft request-for-proposals for cloud services in June, the Defense Information Systems Agency is tweaking its approach to buy commercial infrastructure-as-a-service and other support services.
The Defense Information Systems Agency's new Enterprise Operations Center played a big role in the 3rd annual U.S. Cyber Command-sponsored joint exercise Cyber Flag 14-1 The training exercise was held at Nellis Air Force Base the first week in November.
Workforce furloughs and budget cuts have caused a Google email pilot program at the Defense Information Systems Agency to be extended through November, Government Computer News reports.
A group of tech-minded teens met with Defense Information Systems Agency Director, Air Force Lt. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins on Nov. 6. The group of 11 has been participating in "DISA's Interactive Student Career Opportunity and Volunteer Experience Resource Program"-- the DISCOVER program.
Tags: Harris CapRock
The Defense Information Systems Agency took two big steps toward consolidation of information technology infrastructure before the government shutdown in October. Data centers in Dayton, Ohio, and Chambersburg, Pa., were closed on the first of the month. Functions at those centers were moved to other Defense Enterprise Computing Centers (DECCs).
A mentor-protege program is in the works at the Defense Information Systems Agency. Director of Small Business Programs Sharon Jones hopes it will be ready for businesses to participate by fiscal year 2015.