Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Information sharing
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the military's new Cyber Command and the director of the NSA, said DoD can help protect private networks from cyber attack - especially critical infrastructure - without infringing on civil liberties. He said civilian agencies and private network operators could leverage NSA's capabilities without having the spy agency be in charge of security.
Tags: DoD , cybersecurity , technology , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , NSA , DHS , Do William Lynn , privacy , civil liberties , Information Technology Exchange Program , industry , information sharing , Jared Serbu
One DHS official said efforts to encourage collaboration between federal and local law enforcement agencies are off to a good start. But he said the full potential of fusion centers isn't being realized yet.
Tags: Defense , homeland security , fusion centers , management , technology , FBI , DHS , Bart Johnson , Matthew Drake , Kerry Sleeper , Elaine Cummings , PM-ISE , CSIS , information sharing , Meg Beasley
Christopher Zember, deputy director of the centers, explains how analysts sift through all the data.
Intelligence agencies may be ordered to limit the information they share.
Assistant secretary Baker said he can't let doctors store veterans' data on unsecured systems in the cloud. But Baker said he wants to figure out how to solve this problem because the ability to access data anywhere, anytime is necessary. VA shutdown facilities usage of common commercial cloud applications.
The nation's No. 2 military officer strongly endorsed the warfighting value of information-sharing.
Thomas McNamara, former program manager for Information Sharing Environment joined Chris Dorobek on The Dorobek Insider.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra wants agencies to take a portfolio approach so geospatial data is better coordinated governmentwide. The administration releases a supplement to Circular A-16 making geospatial data a capital asset.
The Defense Information Systems Agency's Net-Centric Enterprise Services (NCES) Program achieved its final acquisition milestone on Sept. 29
The Net-Centric Enterprise Services Program, a project of the Defense Information Systems Agency, allows secure information sharing between soldiers in the field, as well as between systems, DoD reports.