Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Information sharing
Karen Evans, the former administrator of OMB's Office of E-Government and Information Technology, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris with her take on how the administration plans to balance security with the need to share information.
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
The Defense Intelligence Agency is now 50 years old, but its current and former leaders say the last 10 have come to define it as an agency.
On today's Federal Drive: Talk of government shutdown has ratcheted up as lawmakers squabble over a CR, federal information sharing efforts have taken off and the House prepares to square off over various proposals to reform the Postal Service.
Several agencies and other countries are using the The National Information Exchange Model framework to create common vocabularies for everything from orange juice production to cybersecurity and health care. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment, said the U.S., Mexico and Canada have signed an agreement to run pilots using standards based on NIEM for pandemic and public safety information sharing.
Dale Meyerrose, former Chief Information Officer at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. He discusses what's changed from 2001 to 2011.
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.
Tags: DoD , Industry , cybersecurity , William Lynn , James Cartwright , James Langevin , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , technology , information sharing , defense industrial base , Jared Serbu
Jacob Haynes, the Defense Contract Management Agency's CIO, said a zero client set up will rely totally on the cloud for all computing needs.
July 14, 2011
Justice Department CIO Hitch has been in his position since 2002.