Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Information sharing
Military wants to expand pilot with Google, Microsoft to use their online databases to store health data. Tricare also wants to move away from centralized database.
Directive sets June deadline for compliance
A former senior intelligence official says the President's call for changes is more of an upgrade than a significant change. Ambassador Thomas McNamara says information sharing is better than ever, but agencies don't put information into databases in a consistent way.
Document will address roles, responsibilities
The Terrorist Screening Center is at the center of the changes coming to how the government manages and reviews potential terrorist information. Center director Tim Healy says the new tasks will not be substantial, but, as he explains in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, they will mean more work for employees.
Policy change also helps change behavior
General Dynamics Information Technology and Lockheed Martin won separate deals worth a total of about $200 million to integrate source information to produce situational awareness, threat assessment and resource management for the Information Fusion Center, the Navy says.
System integration, bandwidth providing separate challenges
Agency conducts test with Kaiser Permanente using the NHIN to share the data of 450 veterans. The VA expects to expand the use of data exchange in 2010 with DoD and private sector providers. This was the largest public-private electronic health record exchange to date.
Tags: technology , Stephen Ondra , Tim Cromwell , Robert Smith , VA , DoD , Kaiser Permanente , health IT , electronic health records , information sharing , Nationwide Health Information Network , management , Veterans Affairs , best practices
Sources tell FederalNewsRadio that a leading candidate is a staff member on the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the meantime, former White House cybersecurity lead Hathaway and other industry experts offer the new cyber coordinator some advice about priorities and challenges.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , James Langevin , Sameer Bhalotra , White House , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DHS , DoD , NSA , FBI , ODNI , Melissa Hathaway , Mischel Kwon , Liesyl Franz , TechAmerica , RSA , Hathaway Global Strategies , information sharing