Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Information sharing
As part of a project dubbed Command Post 2025, the Army wants to begin running complex modeling and simulation programs on the battlefield, using low-power devices in austere conditions.
Andy Ozment, assistant secretary of the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications in DHS, said the CDM, Einstein and Enhance Cybersecurity Services programs are on the upswing in terms of impact and number of users. Ozment said there are no delays with CDM, and the Einstein intrusion detection and prevention software covers 25 percent of all federal employees.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , DHS , Andy Ozment , continuous diagnostics and mitigation , Einstein program , Enhanced Cybersecurity Services program , information sharing , Jason Miller , exclusive
The goal of the scorecard or dashboard would be to give government leaders a better sense of just how secure agency networks are from hackers. As the 11th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month begins, DHS is doing much less education about why securing computers and networks is important.
OMB and Treasury are creating a roadmap on how to move forward with DATA Act implementation over the next 12 to 36 months. Meanwhile, congressional and executive branch auditors are part of the oversight process from the beginning.
Tags: Jason Miller , Congress , management , oversight , technology , information sharing , OMB , Treasury , open government , DATA Act , David Mader , Dave Lebryk , Ali Ahmad , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Budget Committee , Amy Edwards , Bob Taylor , Data Transparency Coalition , inspector general
The White House has unveiled new or expanded commitments to open government. Included are plans to adopt an open source software policy, with a deadline of Dec. 31, 2015, as well as plans to improve delivery of government digital services.
Christina Ho, the executive director for data transparency in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, said Treasury developed short-and long-term plans to improve the spending portal. She said DATA Act requirements fit well in the department's strategy.
The Inspector General Act gives IGs authority to obtain any information necessary for their investigations, but some agencies are giving IGs a hard time with their requests. Members of Senate and House oversight committees are calling on Shaun Donovan, the recently confirmed director of the Office of Management and Budget, to address the issue.
Tags: inspector general , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Tom Carper , Tom Coburn , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , Shaun Donovan , Stephanie Wasko , oversight , information sharing
Ash Ashutosh, CEO of Actifio, will discuss how his company can help your agency reduce the size and cost of its data center.
July 29, 2014
Army officials have withdrawn their intelligence network, DCGS-A, from a major testing exercise this fall because of software glitches, in the latest setback for the troubled system.
Chairman Tom Wheeler said he wants to build on the initial success of the critical infrastructure cybersecurity framework released by the White House in February. He said it's not a matter of new regulations, but creating a joint approach to improving the network security across the entire communications sector. Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) renews hope for Congress to pass information sharing legislation this year.