Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Information Sharing
The Insider Threat Task Force expects to submit its national plan to the White House in the next few months. The Defense Department will use its secure identity cards to stop unauthorized access to data and systems.
Tags: technology , management , ODNI , FBI , Gordon Snow , John Swift , Rob Carey , DoD , Diana Braun , Insider Threat Task Force , White House , HSPD 12 , secure identity card , identity management , PKI , information sharing , WikiLeaks , insider threat , FOSE , Jason Miller
After a decade of unsuccessful attempts, including the Justice Department's Integrated Wireless Network, the Homeland Security Department wants to leap forward with technology by using commercial 4G networks to connect law enforcement agencies. DHS created a joint program office to lead the effort. The approach is part of OMB's shared services initiative for agencies to work together on big programs.
Tags: technology , DHS , OMB , VA , USDA , Chris Smith , Richard Spires , Steve VanRoekel , Roger Baker , shared services , information sharing , law enforcement networks , Future First , IT project management , IT efficiencies , budget , AFCEA Bethesda , Jason Miller
The Navy is in the early stages of trying to figure out how to move from a net-centric view of its information systems to one that focuses on the data itself. The service is looking to the experiences of the intelligence community to improve data tagging and data sharing.
DHS officials said they're only monitoring Twitter and Facebook to get situational awareness of the homeland security situation. Congress seems unconvinced. Privacy group wants lawmakers to take action to stop DHS.
Tags: Privacy Act , privacy , civil liberties , DHS , Congress , social media , information sharing , Patrick Meehan , Jackie Speier , Electronic Privacy Information Center , Mary Ellen Callahan , Jared Serbu , Web 2.0
The General Service's Administration's Office of Governmentwide Policy is developing a new tool to make information sharing more efficient. Kathleen Turco, OGP's associate administrator, said the project is about half way to completion.
Outgoing federal Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about the new toolkit he's rolling out today at a Center for American Progress event.
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology at J&J Solarwinds, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with common cloud issues.
February 7, 2012
Tags: technology , J&J Solarwinds , network management , management tools , cloud computing , applications , Virtualization , storage , cybersecurity , Amazon , Rackspace , Josh Stephens , Thwack , information sharing , Gov 2.0 , information technology , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Host Mark Amtower interviews American Small Business Coalition Chief Visionary Officer Guy Timberlake. They will talk about the goals and mission of the organization.
February 6, 2012(Encore presentation March 5, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , American Small Business Coalition , Guy Timberlake , online networking , content development , information sharing , Rep. Bill Owen , Rep. Sam Graves , Small business contracting , professional development
The National Weather Service has developed and tested a more precise forecasting and warning system. Don Berchoff, the science and technology director at NWS, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the agency got the program up and running.
Luke McCormack will move to the department from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement directorate at the Homeland Security Department. He takes over for Van Hitch who retired in July.