Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry Chatter
Molly O'Neill, vice president and Global Energy and Environmental Industry lead at CGI, and Josh Sawislak, senior fellow at the Telework Exchange, count down the top federal news story of the week.
Joe Brown, president of Accelera Solutions, joined Industry Chatter to discuss the mobility environment and his company's offerings.
Ray Bowen, the president and CEO of Exceptional Software Strategies, joins Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to demystify cloud computing.
The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) has been under new leadership since July. Members of the group elected Darren Ash, the chief information officer of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, to serve as the ACT's president. Meanwhile, Dale Luddeke, the senior vice president and chief growth officer at TASC, was elected the chair of the Industry Advisory Council.
Despite mounting pressure from certain quarters of the government and Congress to more aggressively suspend and debar irresponsible contractors, some agencies only rarely, if ever, do so. Rob Burton, the former acting administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, said data on suspensions and debarments isn't always an apples-to-apples comparison.
The Obama administration has laid out an ambitious roadmap for agencies to phase out the use of paper records by 2020 in favor of managing nearly all records electronically. Sue Trombley, the director of consulting for Iron Mountain, joins Industry Chatter to discuss the ways the private sector can help agencies build on the government's guidance.
Anthony Robbins, vice president of federal for Brocade, joins Industry Chatter, to discuss the big data challenge for federal agencies.
Sanjay Castelino, with Austin, Texas-based IT firm SolarWinds, joined Industry Chatter to discuss the growing phenomenon of "bring-your-own-device" at federal agencies. The BYOD shift is part of an evolution toward the consumerization of IT, Castelino said.
Mark Testoni, the president of SAP NS2, joins Industry Chatter to discuss his company, the marketplace and emerging trends.
Jeff Neal, the senior vice president president at ICF International, and Rob Burton, a partner with Venable law firm, count down the top federal news story of the week.