Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Stan Krejci of the SK Group discusses the idea of a board of advisers with host Mark Amtower. Does your company need one? How should you assemble one?
November 29, 2010 (Encore Presentation)
BAE will increase its presence in the South East Asian and Australian market
The commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service wants to take his organization to new heights in how it serves its agency and vendor customers. FAS saw its revenue grow to $52 billion in 2010, but Kempf wants to offer more services and meet its customers' needs better to increase its revenue. FAS will require all new schedule contract offers and modifications to be done electronically by the end of 2011.
Learn more in today's Cybersecurity Update
The Arlington, Va., firm will merge financial, acquisition and asset management systems. The contract is worth $450 million over 10 years. FEMA is expected to be the first DHS component to receive TASC.
Ashton Carter, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, described the future state of military contracting. He said vendors should look at several current examples including the Littoral Combat Ship and the replacement for the Ohio Class Submarine.
A leading House proponent of cybersecurity legislation is doubtful new cyber laws will pass during the lame duck session.
The service issued a memo detailing a common operating environment architecture as part of a broader software transition strategy. The strategy builds on the experiences of the Apps for the Army program. The service is developing plans for Apps for the Army 2 next summer focusing on industry-created software.
A new memo from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy gives agencies until June to determine whether the number of contractors performing services is appropriate. First, however, agencies must develop a service contract inventory and make it public. OFPP said for agencies to initially focus on professional and management services and technology services.
EAGLE II is a follow-on to the current contract. DHS is planning big changes for how it runs this new contract. Bids are due in January.