Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Neither of the tech associations would disclose any details of their agreement.
In a special report, The Government Shutdown: Six Months Later, Federal News Radio checks back in with some of the companies it talked to in October to find out what long-term effects the work stoppage had on them. Overall, large and small contractors say they've lost some revenue and are seeing delays in contract awards and solicitations.
Tags: industry , contracting , government shutdown , Chris Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Ambit Group , Kim Hayes , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Mike Hettinger , TechAmerica , Govini , Jason Miller , exclusive
President Obama is expected to sign the bill into law later this week that will require new levels of effort to make federal data more accessible. Now that the three-year effort to get the bill passed is complete, the hard work begins to make it a reality.
All signs are pointing to the fact that despite the government spending less overall on acquisition last year, agencies met the statutory goal of awarding at least 23 percent of all prime contracts to small businesses. Experts say contract consolidation and bundling will negatively impact small firms in the coming years.
The Defense Department and the industries it depends on have made their way through budget downturns before, but this one is different. Both budgets and threats are uncertain.
Jeff Koses, the senior procurement executive at the General Services Administration, said the ombudsman will help vendors navigate the acquisition bureaucracy and ensure the agency is hearing and addressing challenges and concerns. It's one of several steps GSA is taking to improve vendor and agency customer satisfaction.
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Tom Sharpe tried to balance the need for management oversight with contracting officer autonomy. But some in industry worry that the new memo does nothing more than add more paperwork to a broken process.
It's that time of year again, when Bloomberg Government ranks the top 200 federal contractors. Which ones made it through 2013's ups and downs intact? Which ones thrived? Evan Croen, director of government sales research with Bloomberg Government, explained the 2013 contracting environment to Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp.
Computer Sciences Corporation agreed topay $1.1 million to resolve the allegations that the company submitted to false resumes to qualify for higher paying positions.
George Komatsoulis, the National Cancer Institute's deputy director of the center for biomedical informatics and IT, and acting chief information officer, said through the Cloud Atlas Genome project, NCI is trying to reduce costs to access data by medical research institutions and to make sharing of the this data and collaboration easier.
April 17, 2014