Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
The agency needs to lower IT contract costs to use money for staff and other mission-critical needs. Customs and Border Protection must deal with a several hundred million dollar technology budget cut while needing to update its infrastructure.
Frustrated with content management systems? Host John Gilroy talks with Tony Byrne, founder of Real Story Group.
January 11, 2011
Host Mark Amtower discusses PR tips for small businesses with Melanie Rembrandt.
January 10, 2011
The Office of Management and Budget is reminding agencies for a second time in four years not to use brand names in their procurements.
DISA's Tony Montemarano said the agency wants to use more performance based contracts to better manage contractors.
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: Contracting , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , Interior , GSA , USDA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , cloud computing , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
The IRS awarded 33 companies, including eight small businesses, a spot on their TIPSS-4 contract.
Web 2.0 guru David Meerman Scott joins host Mark Amtower for a discussion on leveraging real-time marketing to your company's advantage.
January 3, 2011
The company will provide engineering, security and operations and maintenance services under the Vanguard program. The 10-year contract is one piece of a larger IT consolidation effort State is in the middle of completing.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: Contracting , DoD , Robert Gates , Bill Lynn , Gerry Connolly , Stan Soloway , Bobbie Kilberg , Professional Services Council , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , budget cuts , services contracts , Jared Serbu