Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
General Dynamics wins $900 million contract to build the consolidated headquarters technology infrastructure.
Learn more in today's Cybersecurity Update
Proposed rule would require companies who bid on Defense contracts to certify that any former DoD officials who work for them are in compliance with post-employment ethics rules.
Office of Federal Procurement Policy Administrator Dan Gordon issued a memo asking for agencies to improve their internal controls for collecting and submitting acquisition data. The Federal Procurement Data System has had data quality issues for more than a decade.
FAR Council issues an interim rule to change the acquisition regulations. Agencies and contractors must start meeting new requirements for goods and services.
Several outsourcing-friendly provisions made their way into the Defense authorization bill approved by the House of Representatives last week. The bill would lift a moratorium on public-private competitions via the A-76 process in DoD, and expresses the sense of Congress that DoD should insource only those jobs which are inherently governmental.
Tags: DoD , contracting , industry , OMB , inherently governmental , insourcing , outsourcing , A-76 , competition , Lexington Institute , Center for Strategic and International Studies , Defense Logistics Agency , Carlyle Group , Frank Finelli , David Berteau , John Conger , Redding Hobby , Dan Goure , Jared Serbu
Agency chief information officers say the road to more agile acquisition and development of information technology has some speed bumps, including misaligned budgetary and acquisition cycles, and industry partners who are just as accustomed to the old way of doing things as the government is.
Three members of the House and four members of the Senate introduce companion pieces of legislation to head off the White House's draft executive order requiring contractors to disclose political contributions.
Tags: contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Mitch McConnell , Lamar Alexander , Rob Portman , Darrell Issa , Tom Cole , Sam Graves , White House , political contributions , executive order , PSC , Stan Soloway , Jason Miller
Federal contractors are feeling the pinch of defense cuts. Federal News Radio spoke with Deb Alderson, president of SAIC's Defense Solutions Group, about how her company is adjusting to the cuts.
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree that federal contractors need to be a major part of the discussion on rightsizing the federal workforce. But, they have not yet come to terms with whether the debate is about just raw numbers or having the right number of employees doing an amount of work they can handle.
Tags: pay and benefits , industry , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Gerry Connolly , Cynthia Lummis , Tom Marino , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , William Dougan , NFFE , workforce , Jason Miller