Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Alan Boykin, chief learning officer at the National Contract Management Association, told Federal News Radio that government and industry should keep the lines of communication open, especially as uncertainty abounds about how the failure to raise the debt ceiling would impact federal spending.
Despite pushback on some issues by industry, Dan Gordon listens to input from all sides as the Office of Federal Procurement Policy continues to follow its own path to reform the acquisition process. The OFPP administrator said his office is close to issuing new guidance around business cases for multiple award contracts and a final rule redefining inherently governmental jobs.
Tags: contracting , industry , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , insourcing , outsourcing , acquisition policy , acquisition regulations , FAR Council , interim rules , inherently governmental , Multiple award contracts , office supplies bpa , mythbusting campaign , Jason Miller
Even though a short era of ever-increasing military budgets has come to a close, Pentagon leaders said Monday their quest to find savings in defense spending is not aimed at reducing the profitability of contractors.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says contractors must balance collaboration with security
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.
Tags: DoD , industry , cybersecurity , William Lynn , James Cartwright , James Langevin , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , technology , information sharing , defense industrial base , Jared Serbu
Blue Ridge Networks' Jerry Edgerton talks cybersecurity trends and what measures agencies should take to protect themselves on Industry Chatter with Francis Rose.
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
Andrew McLauchlin, vice president at CGI Federal, spoke with Federal News Radio about ACT-IAC's four recommendations.
Bechtel's current lease in Frederick, Maryland expires soon. The defense contractor is now exploring options closer to D.C.