Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
The industry association names Daniel Varroney as its interim CEO. Bond will work on technology issues with T.J. Petrizzo.
A new Web portal will bring information on all federal agency services for small firms into one place. At the 29th Annual Minority Enterprise Development Week conference, White House officials highlighted how they are holding agencies accountable for meeting governmentwide small business goals.
Agency will do market research to see how the cloud market has changed. This decision prompted Onix and Google to drop their lawsuit.
The $1.8 million dollar deal is the first under GSA's governmentwide infrastructure-as-a-service contract.
The two protestors said in court documents Interior has agreed to take steps to fix potential contracting issues. But the Justice Department disputed Google and Onix's claims saying no agreement has been reached. Interior hired Softchoice to provide Microsoft software for email and collaboration in the cloud almost a year ago.
George Schindler, currently president of CGI Federal, will be president of U.S. operations, effective Oct. 1, and Donna Ryan will replace Schindler as president, subject to the approval of the Defense Security Service (DSS).
Agency CIO Casey Coleman said the move to Google's gmail went smoothly and is 99 percent complete. GSA recently hired another cloud service provider to host collaboration tools. Coleman said the agency now is looking at legacy business systems.
September 22, 2011
Tags: technology , industry , Casey Coleman , GSA , cloud computing , Google , Email-as-a-service , Business Systems Modernization , collaboration , infrastructure contract , Ask the CIO , Jason Miller
The United States is concerned about recent cyber attacks on defense contractors in Japan, according to Reuters. Some of the targeted contractors also build U.S.-designed missiles, warships and military aircraft.
The Federal Drive spoke with Sudhir Verma, a senior director at Force 3, which runs a program to train its IT workforce, along with Marlena Clark, a graduate of the program.