Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Jeremy Farber helped found PC Recycler in 2003, and in 2009, the company was added to the General Services Administration's list of contractors providing both on- and off-site data-destruction services for federal agencies.
The Air Force has reinstated Advanced C4 Solutions, Superior Communications Solutions and Iron Bow Technologies after the government reviewed all the facts. The contractors, who were suspended on Oct. 24th, were working on a project at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland.
The department must decide by Dec. 15 whether or not it will follow GAO's recommendations after losing a bid protest decision. VA tries to explain why service-disabled veteran owned firms do not receive the highest priority for all contracts. Lawmakers express frustration over the agency's explanation.
Tags: contracting , acquisition , industry , VA , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Thomas Leney , Jack Thompson , Bill Johnson , GAO , Ralph White , Greg Kutz , Small business contracting , Service disabled veteran-owned business , Veteran-owned small business , Small business goals , bid protest , Jason Miller
Todd Harrison, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how sequestration will affect defense managers and contractors. He said the threat of automatic, across-the-board cuts from sequestration will hang over DoD for the next year.
The agency fixes the issues found by GAO after two vendors protested the contract. Vendors must submit new or revised proposals by Dec. 20.
An amendment to the 2012 Defense Authorization Bill would cap taxpayer-funded contractor compensation at $400,000. Under current executive compensation limits set in 1998, contractors can charge up to $693,951 for the salaries of their top five executives.
Curt Aubley, vice president and chief technology officer of Lockheed Information Systems and Global Solutions, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what the partnership means for the federal government.
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Dan Gordon , GAO , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
Mears is head of Motorola Solutions' Government and Public Safety.