Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
The service hires eight vendors to provide private cloud computing services.
Tags: technology , contracting , industry , Army , data center consolidation , area processing centers , Jason Miller , Criterion Systems , General Dynamics One Source , Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services , HP Enterprise , IBM , Lockheed Martin , MicroTech , Northrop Grumman
Dan Kent, the chief technology officer for Cisco Systems' Federal Organization, joined Industry Chatter to discuss the uses and limits of cloud computing, and its various models, at federal agencies.
Stan Soloway, the president of the Professional Services Council, predicted 2012 would be known as the "year of the acting" — referring to the influx of acting directors, secretaries and administrators that would be ushered in if political appointees step down.
Richard Stiennon, the chief research analyst at IT Harvest and the author of several books on cybersecurity, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recent hacking of defense research company Stratfor and what the defense industry can do to protect itself.
The Army's newly-appointed program executive officer for enterprise information systems wants shorter RFPs but more industry engagement and an holistic view of program capabilities
Michael Fox, director of Carpathia Government Solutions at Carpathia Hosting, joined Industry Chatter for a discussion about issues facing the IT contracting world.
Stan Soloway, the former deputy undersecretary of defense and the CEO of the Professional Services Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the ups and downs of the acquisition community in 2011.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable Law Firm joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the relationship between government and contractors over the past year and how that could change in 2012.
Steve O'Bryan, the vice president of F-35 Program Integration at Lockheed Martin, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recent purchase by Japan of the F-35 Lightning II fighter plane and what it means for the F-35 program.