Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Steve Krause, a principal at Catalyst Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how steep defense cuts could actually play to smaller contractors' strengths.
Ed Meagher, a vice president at contracting giant CSC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how Operation Jump-Start helps veterans find civilian careers.
Jacques Gansler, former undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss competition in contracting, including in-sourcing and A-76 public-private contracts.
After spending four months as a fellow at Harvard, Vivek Kundra becomes the executive vice president for emerging markets at the cloud computing services company.
The Senate is set to take up comprehensive cyber legislation in January that already is causing experts heartburn. Provisions to give the Homeland Security Department more authorities, including taking "any lawful action" to stop cyber attacks against systems holding federal data, are coming under fire. Industry experts are optimistic Congress will pass major cyber reform.
Tim Hoechst, the chief technology officer at Agilex, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the process and what he, and the broader IT contracting industry, would like to see.
Larry Allen of Allen Federal Business Partners, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss his perspective on how the contracting community will fare throughout the year.
A long-range stealth bomber may be the only major new program in the foreseeable future given the $490 billion the Pentagon must cut from it's budget over the next decade. The "optionally manned" aircraft will be first new bomber design since Northrop Grumman's B-2 nearly 30 years ago.
The service hires eight vendors to provide private cloud computing services.
Tags: technology , Contracting , Army , Data center consolidation , area processing centers , Jason Miller , Criterion Systems , General Dynamics One Source , Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services , HP Enterprise , IBM , Lockheed Martin , MicroTech , Northrop Grumman
Dan Kent, the chief technology officer for Cisco Systems' Federal Organization, joined Industry Chatter to discuss the uses and limits of cloud computing, and its various models, at federal agencies.