Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
The Small Business Administration adjusted its monetary size standards for inflation, allowing nearly 9,000 additional small businesses to qualify for loans and financial assistance.
By September, the Navy anticipates it will have retaken full ownership of its main IT network after having outsourced it a decade earlier. The service says it wants to find ways to bring innovation into NMCI, but vendors will have to meet some checkpoints along the way.
The first solicitation will address near-term fixes for the current application. The second one will look to commercial technology for a wholesale replacement of the scheduling application. VA says it will build off the contest it ran in 2013 where it awarded $3 million to competitors to develop VISTA-friendly scheduling software.
The General Services Administration has tapped Lockheed Martin to help update the Federal Acquisition Service's (FAS) business systems. The agency announced Monday it awarded Lockheed the Application Maintenance, Enhancement and Operations (CAMEO) task order, which will "streamline a highly integrated IT portfolio."
Lawyers say GSA's analysis of the impact of OS3 on small businesses met the requirements under the Small Business Jobs Act.
Eleven vendors submitted protests to GAO over GSA's desire to extend the OS2 contract another six months. The contractors say GSA's extension would violate the Small Business Jobs Act because they didn't do a contract consolidation impact assessment.
Reps. Grace Meng and Tim Walberg introduce a provision in the Defense authorization bill to require GAO to study the impact of strategic sourcing on small businesses. GSA also is facing more than two dozen protests over its current and future office supplies contracts and now OASIS.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Congress , Grace Meng , Tim Walberg , Sam Graves , House Small Business Committee , strategic sourcing , GAO , bid protests , GSA , Office Supplies 3 , OASIS , Sam Bornstein , Jason Miller
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: DoD drills down on service contracting; a controversial decision on contractor pay
"Inside the DoD's Reporter's Notebook" is a bi-weekly feature focused on news about the Defense Department and defense community as gathered by Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu. Submit your ideas, suggestions and news tips to Jared via email.
Former contract employee was charged with allegedly defrauding the United States in connection with a contract to provide reconstruction-related services in Afghanistan.
The Justice Department alleges CA has violated since 2002 terms of its GSA schedules contract and over-charged the government for IT hardware and software.
Tags: contracting , industry , Justice Department , GSA , CA Technologies , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , False Claims Act , oversight , Jason Miller