Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Industry
Sequestration would kill hundreds of thousands of defense industry jobs, the Pentagon warns. Frank Kendall told senators during his nomination hearing to be the DoD acquisition chief that personnel accounts would be shielded so lower-tiered contractors would feel the brunt of cuts.
Acting administrator Lesley Field said this version will focus on trying to dispel myths commonly held by industry. Agencies also posted their vendor communications plans on FedBizOpps.gov as part of the initial Mythbusters campaign.
Tony Busseri, the CEO of Route1, a company specializing in digital security and identity management, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss what the government's missing as it tries to plug holes in its mobile strategy.
The service will use both penalties and incentives to get their program offices and large businesses to award more prime and subcontracts to small firms. The Air Force issued a new small business improvement plan that details three goals to increase both the percentage of contracts and dollars going to small companies.
OMB controller Danny Werfel said the computer matching provisions in the Privacy Act make it harder for agencies to share information that would make stopping or finding waste, fraud and abuse easier. Senate lawmakers agreed they need to update the law to protect information but reduce the complexities.
Tags: management , financial management , Danny Werfel , Tom Coburn , Tom Carper , OMB , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , GAO , HHS , CMS , Recovery audits , improper payments , waste, fraud and abuse , IRS , SSA , Tax delinquent contractors , industry , Jason Miller
The industry association, the Coalition for Government Procurement, gave Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) its highest award for using common sense in dealing with federal procurement.
Tags: acquisition , industry , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , acquisition workforce , Jason Miller
Army would agree to buy energy from private plants on Army land but cut the plants off from the electric grid in the event of an emergency. The final solicitation could be out by this spring.
The Army is in the middle of a major rethink of mobile devices, including how it secures them, how it buys them and ultimately, how it uses them. The push comes amid a mandate to find $1.5 billion in IT savings across the Army.
The service released a second draft solicitation for the Next Generation Enterprise Network. Industry has until March 30 to comment.
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf is bringing in Jim Ghiloni to run the new professional services contract.