Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Inauguration 2013
In his inauguration address, President Barack Obama said every citizen deserves a basic measure of security and dignity, and he held up Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security as commitments that strengthen America.
Tags: Barack Obama ,
Prof. Martha Joynt Kuman compares today's ceremony with previous inaugurations. Paul Lawrence of Ernst and Young discusses how the president's cabinet may change in Obama's second term. Staff writer Kevin Baron of Foreign Policy Magazine discusses the limitations of the inspector general. Senior Airman Daniel Burkhardt talks about an app he helped to develop to help people navigate today's inauguration. Col. Gina Humble talks about the role the military will play in today's ceremonies.
Tags: Martha Joynt Kumar , Towson University , Inauguration Day , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Technology , paul lawrence , Ernst & Young , Kevin Baron , Foreign Policy Magazine , Daniel Burkhardt , mobile apps , Gina Humble , Federal Drive
The schedule for the second inauguration of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
Federal workers with long memories can remember a time when most of them were considered to be nonessential, and when Washington area civil servants got a special holiday every four years, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Check out inaugurations then and now.
President Barack Obama will nominate B. Todd Jones as the next director of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, selecting the top federal prosecutor in Minnesota who has already been serving as the agency's acting head for more than a year.
Ken Salazar, a former Colorado senator and attorney general, handed in his resignation as secretary of the Interior to President Barack Obama, according to a department spokesman. Salazar joined the administration in 2009, when Obama assumed his office.
Janet Napolitano and Tom Vilsack will both stay on as cabinet secretaries in President Barack Obama's second term.
An Education Department official says Secretary Arne Duncan will remain in President Barack Obama's Cabinet into a second term. The official disclosed the decision Monday on the condition of anonymity because a public announcement has not been made.
Labor Secretary Hilda Solis has told colleagues she is resigning from Obama administration. Solis, a former California congresswoman, has led the department for nearly four years, after being confirmed by the Senate in February 2009.