Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: In Depth Conversation
The Defense Department is currently working on reforming its acquisition process, and Federal News Radio gets analysis from two military experts: Lt. Gen. Steven Boutelle, former Chief Information Officer/G-6 in the U.S. Army and Gen. Richard Myers, 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Francis Rose is joined by industry leaders and federal employees in an effort to parse out the lines of distinction.
What should the administration really be doing? We learn all about that during this week's In Depth Conversation.
The Office of Personnel Management, as well as all other federal agencies, spend a lot of time thinking about, and working toward, recruiting and hiring new federal employees. But keeping the talented people the government already has doesn't get as much attention. Angela Bailey, Dr. Ronald Sanders, and Linda Springer gave their expert assessments of this issue during the latest In Depth Conversation.
Representatives of the Government Printing Office, National Archives, and Library of Congress discuss best practices for preserving digital records.
Determining the language you'll use to work together is step one, says MHS CIO Chuck Campbell.
A team of experts on government management and performance assesses the first year of the Obama administration.
Tags: management , technology , best practices , cybersecurity , government 2.0 , Alan Balutis , Dave McClure , Martha Dorris , Robert Tobias , Donald Kettl , John Sindelar , Allan Burman , Stephen Benowitz , Fred Thompson , Gerry Gingrich
Howard Schmidt is moving into his new job "at Mach Four with his hair on fire," according to one of today's panelists.
Deputy SecDef Bill Lynn says the "stars are aligned" for defense acquisition reform. What evidence exists that such reform will fare better this time?
Some agencies are succeeding in hiring large numbers of people with specialized credentials in short periods of time. Three Federal HR pros who have done it share their secrets.