Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: In Depth
Dr. James Carafano, director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy Studies at the Heritage Foundation, discussed his perspective on the 2013 defense budget request.
Lou Dixon, the principal assistant inspector general for auditing and evaluation at the Office of the Inspector General for the Transportation Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent IG report on how FAA reported jobs data under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief at Government Executive magazine, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent survey in which journalists reported facing obstacles in attempting to cover federal agencies.
New changes to the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement rules for contractor business systems are now in effect. Under the new rules, the government will withhold five percent of a contractor's payment if any of the company's business systems are found to be "deficient" by the Defense Contract Audit Agency. Brian Waagner, a partner at Husch Backwell, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the changes and how they affect contractors.
The Government Accountability Office recently reported on 51 areas in which the federal government could cut, streamline, or otherwise reduce duplication. Comptroller General Gene Dodaro joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report.
The Army and Marine Corps will be in the market for a new generation of ground vehicles soon. But acquisition officials there should think hard before they buy, according to Dr. Andrew Krepinevich, the president of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. Krepinevich discussed the trends likely to impact the development of combat vehicles.
Part of the Defense Department's new energy strategy is about getting more small businesses into the Pentagon's energy pipeline. Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of Defense for operational energy plans and programs, discussed the Pentagon's energy strategy on In Depth with Francis Rose.
Balancing government requirements and commercial best practices in the next generation of Multiple Awards Schedules could be a big boost for the General Services Administration. Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his analysis.
Troy Lange, the mobility mission manager in the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Directorate, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss mobile risk management.
Lt. Gen. David Barno, a senior adviser and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and a retired Army general, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his testimony before the Senate Budget Committee about the Defense Department's 2013 budget request.