Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: In Depth
The Postal Service's revamped five-year business plan, which is aimed at putting the troubled agency on firmer financial ground, is made up of a number of elements. But Joe Corbett, the USPS chief financial officer, said that all of the changes the agency recommends need to be taken up in order to restore the Postal Service to financial stability.
Linda Springer, the executive director of government and public sector at Ernst & Young, and Tim Hoechst, the chief technology officer at Agilex, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal Business Partners, told In Depth with Francis Rose that the recent news about web tracking also has implications for federal agencies and their web security.
Tammy Flanagan, the senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss recent proposals affecting federal employees' pay and benefits.
The buzz in the contracting community with the release of the 2013 budget request is that companies will have to fight harder to get — and keep — business with federal agencies. Ray Bjorklund, the vice president and chief knowledge officer at Deltek, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his take on the administration's 2013 budget request.
Jenn Scholtes, who covers homeland security for CQ-Roll Call, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the legislative wrangling over the Senate cybersecurity bill.
Gwynne Kostin, the director of mobile in the General Services Administration's Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies, said there has been a definite "uptick" of interest of late by agency tech leaders into developing mobile apps that make sense for their agencies. The Mobile Gov Wiki allows agency app developers to share best practices.
David Powner, the director of information technology management issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent report on duplicative IT investments at the Defense, Energy and Homeland Security Departments.
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee on federal financial management, told In Depth with Francis Rose the comparison between the Postal Service and Detroit auto-makers may seem "unlikely." But the plan that turned around the bailed-out auto industry could prevent having to bail out the Postal Service in the first place.
David Berteau, the senior vice president and director of the CSIS International Security Program, and Ryan Crotty, a CSIS research associated with the group's Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group, joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the 2013 budget.