Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
A new memo calls for a more unified decision-making effort that is supported by data and analysis. Secretary Jeh Johnson is focusing on making programs more effective.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is deploying Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) employees to schools. They will monitor international students up close. The agency says the field representatives are integral to protecting national security. Rachel Canty, deputy director of the SEVP at ICE, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp what the SEVP employees will accomplish.
DHS ICE issued a solicitation looking for a vendor to provide technology to let law enforcement officers hook into the National License Plate Recognition Database.
Like all U.S. citizens, federal employees' rights are protected under the First Amendment. But when their private lives conflict with their agency's mission, it's another story. DHS employee Ayo Kimathi's racist website is a case in point.
Six years after the Veterans Affairs data breach, civilian agency networks and computers are more secure. Current and former federal officials and cyber experts say from secretaries on down, the threat of a cyber attack and the impact on mission is well understood.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity Rising , Dan Chenok , IBM , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Karen Evans , U.S. Cyber Challenge , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Jeff Eisensmith , DHS , OMB , cybersecurity , Paul Nicholas , Microsoft , TIC , Federal Desktop Core Configuration , FISMA , continuous monitoring , Cyber Workforce , Jason Miller
Under the $40 million deal, ICE wants a modernized system that gives investigators access to more than 100 disparate databases.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement received a score of 95 on its FISMA report card in 2011. Jeff Eisensmith, the ICE CISO, said the agency is implementing continuous monitoring and increasing the training of its employees.
The Chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors is furious with the federal government after learning that Carlos Montano - the man responsible for a car accident that killed one nun and injured two others Sunday morning - was an illegal immigrant in the early stages of being deported.