Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
DHS ICE issued a solicitation looking for a vendor to provide technology to let law enforcement officers hook into the National License Plate Recognition Database.
Like all U.S. citizens, federal employees' rights are protected under the First Amendment. But when their private lives conflict with their agency's mission, it's another story. DHS employee Ayo Kimathi's racist website is a case in point.
Six years after the Veterans Affairs data breach, civilian agency networks and computers are more secure. Current and former federal officials and cyber experts say from secretaries on down, the threat of a cyber attack and the impact on mission is well understood.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity Rising , Dan Chenok , IBM , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Karen Evans , U.S. Cyber Challenge , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Jeff Eisensmith , DHS , OMB , cybersecurity , Paul Nicholas , Microsoft , TIC , Federal Desktop Core Configuration , FISMA , Continuous monitoring , Cyber Workforce , Jason Miller
Under the $40 million deal, ICE wants a modernized system that gives investigators access to more than 100 disparate databases.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement received a score of 95 on its FISMA report card in 2011. Jeff Eisensmith, the ICE CISO, said the agency is implementing continuous monitoring and increasing the training of its employees.
The Chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors is furious with the federal government after learning that Carlos Montano - the man responsible for a car accident that killed one nun and injured two others Sunday morning - was an illegal immigrant in the early stages of being deported.
A day after the Department of Homeland Security cancelled its $450 million contract to modernize and unify its backoffice IT systems, the department's acting CFO told Congress DHS will focus first on modernizing the infrastructure of the department's components that are severely out of date. A new strategy for an integrated, departmentwide system has yet to be determined, she said.
A 'document mill' that produced hundreds or even thousands of fake IDs to illegal immigrants has been shut down by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.